Student squats in the bushes
- On Sunday, Aug. 24 at 11:50 p.m., Campus Police responded to a C.A. report of a controlled dangerous substance at Centennial Hall. A student told the floor’s C.A. her roommate had left marijuana on a desk, which the roommate said “was probably turf from the football field.” When police arrived, they detected an “odor of marijuana” in the air and the student admitted she was in possession of marijuana. The student was placed under arrest and issued a complaint summons and court date.
- At 11 p.m. on Thursday, Aug. 21, Campus Police responded to a report of intoxication at the Brower Student Center. They met with EMS and went outside to find a student squatting in the bushes, according to Campus Police, who said he was “hiding from them.” The student admitted to consuming vodka an hour before the incident, and was issued a summons for consumption of alcohol.
- A bike was stolen from outside the Student Center on Thursday, Aug. 21, around 10 p.m., according to Campus Police. The victim, a local resident, said he put his bike on the bike rack and went into the Student Center for “a few minutes.” Whe the resident came back, his bike was gone. The bike was not secured with a lock or chain.
- On Aug. 26 at 12:10 a.m., a C.A. on the fourth floor of Wolfe Hall reported underage consumption of alcohol to Campus Police. A girl on the floor had told the C.A. two males had inadvertently attempted to enter her room. When police arrived, they found one student was in his own room on a bed and had vomited on the sheets. The parties were issued summons for consumption of alcohol.
- On Saturday, Sept. 6, at 10 p.m., a C.A. reported there were two intoxicated males on the sixth floor of Travers Hall. The students had been uncooperative, according to the C.A., who had made them pour their alcohol out before police arrived. Campus Police reported their speech was slurred, and both were issued summons for underage drinking and advised of court dates.
- On Saturday, Aug. 23, at 2:55 a.m., Campus Police responded to a report of an intoxicated person on the second floor of Travers Hall. A C.A. said a resident knocked on her door out of concern for a friend vomiting in the men’s room, and police observed the person sitting in the shower still vomiting. EMS arrived and, at 3:46 a.m., transported the student to Capital Health Systems. The student was issued a summmons for consuming an alcoholic beverage underage.
- On Wednesday, Sept. 3, Building Services reported there was a damaged ceiling and faucet in a women’s bathroom at Armstrong Hall. A representative of Building Services said the incident occurred between Tuesday, Sept. 2 at 9 p.m. and Wednesday, Sept. 3 at 6 a.m. Both parties were unable to determine a suspect for the incident.