By Colleen Murphy
• A student was found standing in the woods at around 3 a.m. on Saturday, Jan. 31. Upon walking toward the individual, the officer detected an odor of alcohol. The student said to the officer, “I’m sorry, I’m sorry.” As the student spoke, the officer could smell alcohol on the student’s breath. The student was unable to answer what he was doing in the woods or if anyone was with him. The officer then saw a prescription container which contained a “green, leafy vegetation, believed to be marijuana.” The student was then placed under arrest. After further investigation, the officer found three cans of beer. Lions EMS evaluated the student and said that he should be transported to the hospital. Hearing this, the student became “combative and loud,” saying he didn’t want to go, leading him to be charged with disorderly persons, as well, according to Campus Police.
• A student has been the recipient of multiple phone calls from a restricted/blocked number, according to Campus Police. Between Monday, Dec. 1 and Tuesday, Dec. 9, a student received four phone calls at “inconvenient” hours from a person who disguised his or her voice. When the victim asked who the caller was, the caller said he or she was too afraid to answer due to having a crush on the victim.
• Between Tuesday, Dec. 2, and Friday, Dec. 12, a pencil case with pencils was taken from an unlocked cabinet in the Arts and Interactive Multimedia Building, Campus Police said. The case, which was valued at $10, had about 100 Artsnacks-brand colored pencils in it which were valued at $200.
• Over winter break, there were three reports of theft that involved three TVs and one stereo, according to Campus Police. On Friday, Jan. 30, a student reported that a 32’’ Vizio TV valued at $219 and a Panasonic stereo valued at $250 were taken from his room between Tuesday, Dec. 16, and Sunday, Jan. 25. The student told police that he had locked the door upon leaving campus.
On Wednesday, Jan. 28, it was reported that a TV and remote were stolen from a lounge sometime between Thursday, Dec. 18, and Saturday, Jan. 24.
A new 32’’ Samsung TV was stolen from a dorm room sometime between 7 p.m. on Tuesday, Dec. 16, and 10 a.m. on Sunday, Jan. 25. The victim said he locked the door before leaving his room.
• At 7:30 a.m. on Friday, Jan. 30, Campus Police found that a fire extinguisher had been used on the fourth level of lots 11 and 13. Three more empty extinguishers were found nearby, leaving behind a “yellow powder substance in the snow.”
• Campus Police found three acts of graffiti around campus over winter break. On Saturday, Dec. 13, the initials, “RG” were drawn in red paint and surrounded by a circle in parking Lot 18’s lower stairwell. With it, the initials “ED” with a face, a red skull and a blue symbol were found. The same day, a stick figure in black paint was seen on the green electrical box outside of the AIMM building. Campus Police found a similar stick figure on the lower level of Travers Hall. Then, on Thursday, Dec. 18, a stenciled house in green paint was found in the stairwell of Lots 1 and 2.