By Colleen Murphy
On Friday, March 27, sometime between 3 a.m. and 8:45 a.m., 19 vehicles were vandalized on levels two and three of Lot 13. According to Campus Police, the perpetrator(s) will be charged with criminal mischief and bias intimidation. The following is what was found on each of the cars:
1. “Go Hit” on rear passenger window, “LEK,” followed by a swastika, on the front passenger window and a picture of a penis drawn on the driver’s side window.
2. A heart was drawn on the rear window with “KKK” after it.
3. “Your mother” written on the rear window, followed by “is a mother fucker” written across all the windows on the passenger side.
4. A picture of a penis was drawn on the driver’s side window.
5. The words “I’m pregnant” were written on the front windshield.
6. Multiple circles were drawn on the rear window of the carwith the words “Suck a” on the rear trunk.
7. “Hello beautiful” was written across the trunk with circles drawn on the rear glass.
8. A picture of a penis on the driver’s side window and the word “dick” on the passenger right fender.
9. A picture of a penis with the words “skinny shaft long head” were written on the rear window.
10. “Vaginas rule” was across the rear window with the picture of a vagina.
11. “E=MC(Vagina)” was written on the rear window.
12. “I am a worm” was written across the rear window.
13. “Kanye” was written across the rear window with a swastika drawn across the front hood.
14. “M & M’s” was written across the passenger side window.
15. “I love eating fetuses” was written across the rear window.
16. An image which resembled male testicles was drawn on the rear bumper.
17. “Live below” was written on the driver’s window.
18. “Surprise I’m pregnant” was written on the rear window.
19. The N-word was written across the top of the rear trunk.
The Division of Student Affairs & Office of Institutional Diversity sent an email to the College community that expressed the administration’s disappointment in the vandalism.
“We know that this behavior does not reflect who we are as a community, and those who perpetrated this crime do not reflect our institutional commitment to inclusivity,” the email said. “Because we are a community who cares, this incident will serve to re-affirm our efforts to address matters of discrimination and harassment. The College will continue conversations around insuring that our campus is one where people of all backgrounds are valued and respected.”
• On Saturday, March 28, a community advisor was roving the sixth floor of Travers Hall when she heard vomiting coming from the men’s bathroom at 1:35 a.m. Lions’ EMS and Campus Police were called and the boy said he had consumed four to five shots of an unknown liquor, but most likely Svedka.
According to Campus Police, he was charged with underage possession and consumption of alcohol.
Anyone with information can contact Campus Police at 609-771-2345.