By Colleen Murphy
• A $300 set of Bose headphones was stolen from the Career Center between 1:30 p.m. and 5:10 p.m. on Monday, Oct. 26, Campus Police said. The headphones were attached to a hook on the outside of a student’s backpack, which the student placed outside one of the Career Center’s doors. The student realized the headphones were missing after he returned to his dorm room, police said.
• A load of laundry totaling $1,175 was stolen from a dryer on the fourth floor of Decker Hall between 7:45 p.m. and 8:50 p.m. on Friday, Oct. 30, Campus Police reported. The load of laundry contained various types of clothes, and when the student went to retrieve her property, saw that the dryer door was open and that the clothes were gone, police said.
• A bicycle was stolen from a bike rack outside of Hausdoerffer Hall, according to Campus Police. The bike, which was unsecured, was taken between 3 p.m. on Tuesday, Nov. 3, and 11 a.m. on Friday, Nov. 6. The owner was unsure of the make, model or value of the bike, but described it as a dark green and blue seven speed mountain bike with a rear rack and a light under the seat, according to police reports.
• A student employee of the Campus Town gym had his textbook stolen between 5:50 p.m. and 8:10 p.m. on Friday, Nov. 6, Campus Police said. The student placed the book, “Physical Chemistry: The Chemical and Biological Science,” behind the main desk 30 minutes after his shift began. Ten minutes after his shift ended, the student realized he had forgotten the book. When he returned to retrieve it, it was gone. The textbook is valued at $133, police said.
• A wallet was stolen from a bag inside of the Campus Town gym locker room on Tuesday, Nov. 10, between 3:45 p.m. and 5:20 p.m., Campus Police reported. The student placed his backpack inside an unlocked locker, and when he returned to it after working out, the front pocket of the backpack was open and the student’s wallet was missing. The student asked the gym’s staff if they had found it, but they said they had not. The wallet and its contents are valued at $145, Campus Police said.
• A tote bag was stolen from a cubby in the Campus Town gym on Saturday, Oct. 31, between 1 p.m. and 2 p.m., according to Campus Police. The Longchamp bag, which was valued at $150, along with all its contents, including an Apple iPhone charger, a pair of yoga pants and a personal can of pepper spray, totaled $218.50 in stolen items, police said.
• A suspicious person in the area of Roscoe West Hall was reported to Campus Police at 3:22 p.m. on Friday, Oct. 30, police reports said. A Career Center employee called police after seeing the male rummaging through a desk in one of the rooms. The employee said that the male was about to look through a purse when the suspect quickly left the room and building. The suspect was last seen walking toward the direction of the library, so police searched for the male in the library and the surrounding area of Roscoe West Hall. A male matching the description of the suspect was soon seen walking away from the Education Building and past Centennial Hall. Police stopped the accused on the walkway and, after getting his name, found that the suspect had an active warrant out of Lawrence Township. For this, the suspect was placed under arrest and issued with summonses for criminal attempt to commit theft and hindering apprehension. Lawrence Township police were notified of the male’s arrest and picked him up from the College for transportation to Lawrence Township police headquarters, Campus Police said.
• Campus Police saw a female who appeared to be intoxicated in the basement of Decker Hall at 1 a.m. on Sunday, Nov. 1, according to police. TCNJ EMS was notified and arrived to evaluate the student. The female was issued a summons for underage drinking, police said.
Anyone with information can contact Campus Police at 609-771-2345.