By Elizabeth Casalnova
As many college students know, daily life can be crammed with responsibilities and jam-packed schedules might cause students to miss breakfast or grab an unhealthy sandwich from a drive-thru. Neither option is optimal for every day of the week. That’s why on my busiest mornings, even Sundays when I just don’t feel like cooking, I grab my jar of overnight oats from the fridge, add a few toppings and voilà! I have a delicious, satisfying meal in less than two minutes.
The best part of this recipe is its versatility. Each batch starts off with the same few ingredients — rolled oats, chia seeds and milk of your choice. Then, when you wake up, you can throw in some fruit, nuts or even chocolate chips and have a meal that will keep you full for hours.
Whether you’re up two hours before class or just five minutes, you’ll always have a treat waiting for you in the fridge.
– ½ cup rolled oats
– ½ cup almond milk (or any milk of your choosing)
– 2 tsp chia seeds
– ½ banana
– Fresh blueberries
– Fresh strawberries, sliced
– Apple slices
– Honey (optional but recommended)
– 1 sealed container for storage
1. In a container, combine oats, milk and chia seeds and stir gently.
2. Cover your container and place in the fridge for two hours or overnight.
3. When ready to eat, take the oats out, and top with fresh berries, sliced bananas and apples.
4. Drizzle honey on top for extra sweetness, and enjoy!