By Elizabeth Casalnova
Guacamole is easily accessible in grocery stores, but it’s served in plastic containers and loaded with tons of excess ingredients. Though premade guacamole is flavorful, making it fresh will amplify the delicious taste of all the ingredients. This guacamole can be served with a side of chips or veggies, or even slathered onto a slice of toast with a fried egg on top.
Personally, I love this recipe because it incorporates Greek yogurt. This might sound odd for a guacamole dish, but it transforms it into a special rich and creamy dip that anyone would love. The yogurt’s protein and calcium is also a healthy addition.
This dish takes a total of five minutes to prepare. It doesn’t require any cooking time, making it a quick, easy recipe.
– 2 medium avocados
– 1 tbsp lime juice
– 1/3 cup plain Greek yogurt (non-fat or full-fat)
– 1/4 cup chopped red onion
– 2/3 cup chopped tomatoes
– 2 tbsp chopped cilantro
– 1 tsp minced garlic
– 1 tsp chopped jalapenos
– Salt, black pepper and crushed red pepper to taste
1. Cut the avocado in half and carefully remove the pit
2. Scoop avocado flesh into a mixing bowl and mash with a fork until smooth.
3. Stir in the remaining ingredients
4. Add salt, black pepper and crushed red pepper to taste.
5. Serve immediately, and enjoy!