By Chelsea LoCascio
• According to nj.com, an officer at the College was on patrol between Green Hall and the library at 5:25 a.m. on Thursday, Jan. 21, and called in to Campus Police headquarters that he saw sparks coming from near the headlights of his Ford Crown Victoria. By the time help arrived, the vehicle was engulfed in flames, according to the same article. Although no buildings were damaged and nobody was harmed, police are investigating the matter further to confirm that the cause of the car’s damage was in fact due to an electrical issue and not because of criminal activity, according to Campus Police.
• On Saturday, Jan. 30, at 1:05 a.m., an officer responded to a call in Travers Hall and found a male talking to another student outside the men’s bathroom. There was vomit in several spots of the hallway, including the laundry room door. According to Campus Police, the student was moved to the elevator lobby so TCNJ EMS could evaluate him in better lighting. With alcohol on his breath, the student admitted to consuming 12 mixed drinks that contained rum and was issued a summons for underage drinking, police said.
• A student was issued a summons for underage drinking after a cop was dispatched to a women’s bathroom in Travers Hall on Sunday, Jan. 31, at 12:18 a.m., according to Campus Police. Upon arrival, the female was seen vomiting on the bathroom floor and smelled of alcohol, police said. She admitted to having four shots of vodka and an unknown amount of beer, according to police reports. Ewing Township EMS transported her to the hospital for further evaluation.
• Campus Police responded to a report of an unresponsive, semi-conscious female in a women’s bathroom in Centennial Hall at 2:20 a.m. on Sunday, Jan. 31, after consuming an unknown amount of vodka. She was issued an underage drinking summons and transported to the hospital by Ewing Township EMS, according to police reports.
• An officer on patrol witnessed a male stumble and fall over a snowbank along the walkway between Townhouses West and C Street on Sunday, Jan. 31, at 3:15 a.m., Campus Police said. The officer confronted the student, who was slurring his speech and smelled of alcohol, according to police reports. After moving him to the Townhouses West lounge to be evaluated by TCNJ EMS, he was issued a summons for underage drinking and transported to Cromwell Hall, according to Campus Police.
• Campus Police responded to a report from Travers Hall on Sunday, Jan. 31, at 2:40 a.m. and found the residents of the room holding up a student in a chair. The student, who smelled of alcohol, said he had 10 shots of vodka and was unable to answer other questions asked by TCNJ EMS, according to police reports. He was transported to the hospital for further evaluation and issued an underage drinking summons, Campus Police said.
Anyone with information can contact Campus Police at 609-771-2345.